Cooking Classes

19.4.11

Singapore Sling

I am looking for a signature cocktail that I can serve at various occasions in my home.  I have been so curious about the Singapore Sling that I had to search down the original recipe.  It was invented by a bartender by the name of Mr. Ngiam Tong Boon at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore.  I think this is a very close version of his original recipe.  Pineapples were on sale so I bought one and made my own juice.  There is nothing like fresh juice.  Of course, all I own are wine glasses!

The verdict...yummy but very sweet.  It might not be versatile enough for a signature cocktail.

Singapore Sling 

1 oz gin
1/2 oz cherry brandy
1/4 oz benedictine
1/4 oz cointreau
1/2 oz grenadine or pomegranate juice
3 oz pineapple juice
dash of angostura bitters
club soda

Shake all ingredients except the club soda with ice and strain into a sling glass filled with crushed ice.  Fill with soda water.  Garnish with a cherry.

8 comments:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and become a follower.

    God bless you and have a nice Easter :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be perfect poolside :) Homemade pineapple juice, awesome!!! How did your cooking class go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look tempting even if it is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I think you did a good job on mixing the cocktail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great... I just don't make enough cocktails but I must say... my buddy at 12 bottle bar has so many inspiring things and I love the idea of having a house cocktail... like a bellini at cipriani's

    I do think the Raffles hotel always sounded so exotic... you figure anything from there must be great

    ReplyDelete
  6. INTERESTING and delicious cocktail; this is one area that I never explored but I would love to taste this sweet and pretty colorful drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer sweet. You can serve this for me any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a signature cocktail! This one is definitely a winner :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.