Cooking Classes

3.7.11

Off to the Rodeo

We have a great small city rodeo.  It was voted best Canadian rodeo of 2010.  It is professional rodeo with first class stock.  The pick up riders were the best, the announcer was a pro....all around a great rodeo!  And bonus... the weather cooperated and we had a great day in the sun.  Beyond the arena there were the green fields and blue skies.  Absolute heaven on earth.


Allamande left....allamande right....I'm off to the rodeo!

 This was not fun.  The horse almost fell and the rider was caught in the stirrup.  I hope she is okay.

6 comments:

  1. I have been to a few back in the day when I worked at the Calgary Livestock Building for an insurance company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. muy lindo hace muchos años que no voy a un rodeo aqui lo hacen con un novillo y el jinete en su caballo,me encanta ,preciosas fotos,abrazos grandes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen one in real life, Sarah, but I have watched some finals on TV. It's a wonder anyone walks away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you made it home safe and sound Sarah! I didn't take in the rodeo but I did walk around the fair for a bit!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rodeo, which is truly weird on the east coast. Of course, having been to "The Daddy of Em All" - Frontier Days in Cheyenne - and numerous other rodeos while out west, it's an addictive sport! You have to admire the participants, because they do it alone, with no help from anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a South African, only time I see a rodeo is on tv and it looks dangerous but also fun.. The woman who got thrown, now that is terrifying

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.